13 May 2013

Warning: Cute Overload Ahead!

I am not without sentimentality....

Here we are, the day after Mother's Day, a day for contemplating the next commercially mandated arc of anticipation leading to Father's Day. It may also be a day to contemplate whether or not we showed enough appreciation for Mom. Or whether we were given enough appreciation from Mom for all we do. Then there's the lavish dinners, the flowers, the cake and ice cream, and the phone calls. (In my case, I was mistaken for a sales call and hung up on twice before finally identifying myself to my elderly mother.) At any rate, I am back on the blog circuit!

Last month I posted excerpts from THE DREAM LAND Book III "Diaspora" as they became available. Skipping scenes as I did probably left some readers baffled and confused. One of my dear fellow bloggers Connie J. Jasperson remarked that I was sharing "tantalizing" excerpts, which made me try harder to write something truly tantalizing. Sex and violence followed. Work continues, of course...until either the book is finished or they pry the keyboard out of my cold, dead hands.

Last week I failed to blog, tied up as I was with stacks of final papers and portfolios from my gracious students. Truly a miracle of productivity: to produce an entire semester's work in a mere five days and hope for full credit with a smile. I'm not as cynical as I may seem; I've learned to sit back and smile at the ironies of the world, for they are many. (Just waking up in the morning is often an irony compared to when I go to sleep.) 


Nevertheless, for today's blog, I have in mind nothing but mirth and merriment for the month of May. 

To help me with this endeavor, I have decided to release the bunnies! I've found that a bunny a day helps restore my sanity, my pleasant disposition, and emboldens me against the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune that daily conspire to smite my delight! It all began with the plethora of cat and dog postings. I have nothing against kittens and puppies but there were so many of them. So I decided to counter that invasion with the bunny brigade: the cutest, tiniest, darlingest, sweetest bundles of furry love I could find on the impersonal internet.

Here are some of my favorites:


Beware the Guard Bunny!


Itty Bitty Bunny Wabbits always eat their veggies!
Itty Bitty Bunny Wabbits have been known to be great stocking cap warmers!


The stretch model of the itty bitty bunny wabbit!


 Who could have a bad day after seeing one of these itty bitty bunny wabbits? I ask you.
(They also like to kiss almost as much as people do.)


Spying on the neighbors!


They do like to be belly tickled...just like most of us.


This is an example of a Friday bunny, ready for frolicking and frivolity!

  

Ears up...


Or ears down...


This poor fellow aspires to be an itty bitty bunny wabbit but, alas, does not meet the criteria. 


There are no black sheep among itty bitty bunny wabbits!


Itty Bitty Bunny Wabbits also make great puppy warmers!


If you don't have access to a real itty bitty bunny wabbit, you can always draw one. It has almost the same effect of lowering blood pressure and calming heart palpitations, as well as curing dandruff and sore throats.


NEXT: I shall return to esoteric discussions of interdimensional travel and the daring individuals who attempt passage without the aid of itty bitty bunny wabbits.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
(C) Copyright 2010-2013 by Stephen M. Swartz. All Rights Reserved. No part of this blog, whether text or image, may be used without me giving you written permission, except for brief excerpts that are accompanied by a link to this entire blog. Violators shall be written into novels as characters who are killed off. Serious violators shall be identified and dealt with according to the laws of the United States of America.

2 comments:

  1. AWWWWWWWW!!! My kid will melt when she sees these. Also, I'll have to print them out and tape them to walls, so thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete