29 January 2022

Year of the Tiger (2022)

Welcome to the Year of the Tiger in the Lunar / Chinese calendar! 

It promises to be a whole lot better than that awful Rat year we went through. I, for one, am looking forward to a much better experience than what I paid for in 2021 or 2020. (Yes, I feel a bit cheated.) I also want to remind you of my action adventure novel which is titled, not ironically, YEAR OF THE TIGER.


Although published in 2020, when I wondered if I would make it to the actual year in 2022, it remains a classic in my eyes and in the eyes of that tiger who serves as co-protagonist with the human he torments. 

In brief, our hero seems to share the same mind with a tiger (don't ask me how; it's explained in the book) and to rid himself of that awkward feature he plans to go to India and kill that tiger - that one particular tiger.

But first, he must escape from the mental institution he's been put in - because of his tiger hallucinations, obviously. He gets a young nurse to help him, then they run away to solve his problem. 

But other people have problems to solve, too. The doctor who helped put him in the mental institution fears he will tell all. The big game hunter will come out of retirement one more time to kill a man-eater. And the tiger, on a trek to kill the two humans who brutally killed his mate. Who will live through the final climactic scene?

Way back when, I first wrote a short story, which I expanded into a screenplay, which I then worked from to craft a full-length novel, then revised for years until I believed it was ready. Now, with the YEAR OF THE TIGER here at last, it is the perfect time to join the hunt!

You can read more about the journey from my initial idea to this finished novel here, and also here.

Wishing you the best that tigerdom has to offer this year!

Read more about the Year of the Tiger (the calendar) here.


--------------------------------------------------------------------- 
(C) Copyright 2010-2022 by Stephen M. Swartz. All Rights Reserved. No part of this blog, whether text or image, may be used without me giving you written permission, except for brief excerpts that are accompanied by a link to this entire blog. Violators shall be written into novels as characters who are killed off. Serious violators shall be identified and dealt with according to the laws of the United States of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment