10 October 2012

BONUS! "HEART SEARCH" by Carlie M. A. Cullen

[For the first post today, please scroll down this page.]

Dear Blog Lovers,

Here is a Bonus posting for you! Sometimes hardcore sci-fi isn't everyone's cup of tea, so I thought I'd share with you the new novel of fellow Myrddin author, Carlie M. A. Cullen.

Carlie's novel, HEART SEARCH, involves all kinds of vampiresque issues, much like that Twilight saga, only better! It's kind of Fantasy and Paranormal and Romance all rolled into one...perfect for Young Adults or, as they say, adults of all ages.

I'm happy to share an excerpt from HEART SEARCH, so enjoy!




"Remy"


I now felt distinctly lost. What would my next move be? I needed inspiration, but didn’t know where to start. I made an impatient kind of snort and frowned.
“Hey – what’s up?” Becky asked, trying to hide her smirk at the expression on my face.
“Brain dead,” I responded huffily.
“So what else is new?” she joked, giggling.
I grimaced at her. “There’s nothing like kicking a person when they’re down, is there?”
“Oh, come on Rems, you know I was only joking,” she retorted in an exasperated tone. “So, what can I do to help?”
“It’s okay, I know you were,” I smiled conciliatorily, “I’m frustrated and out of ideas of what to do next – don’t suppose your brain is in gear for once?” my mildly sarcastic tone making her raise an eyebrow at me.
“Oh, I see. Getting our own back are we?” she asked.
“Told you before – there’s only one way to get your own back.”
“Ha ha!” she pretended to laugh. “Do you want me to put my brilliant brain at your disposal or what?”
“Yes please, but perhaps you’d better sit down first – I don’t want you to strain yourself,” the sisterly banter continued.
“Wow-wee, the gems just keep on coming.”
“You love me really, Becky.”
“Yeah and don’t you know it,” she laughed.
“Yep. Just like you know I love you to bits too,” I responded, laughing with her. It felt strange, in poor taste, to laugh and joke about, as if we were being sacrilegious, but in other ways it was a good experience – it certainly relieved some of the tension.





Carlie M A Cullen was born in London. She grew up in Hertfordshire where she first discovered her love of books and writing. She has been an administrator and marketer all her working life and is also a professional teacher of Ballroom and Latin American dancing.

Carlie has always written in some form or another, but Heart Search: Lost is her first novel. This is being launched 8th October 2012 through Myrddin Publishing Group and work has started on book two: Heart Search: Found. She writes mainly in the Fantasy/Paranormal Romance genres for YA, New Adult and Adult.

Carlie is also a professional editor. Carlie also holds the reins of a writing group called Writebulb. Their first anthology was published September 2012. Carlie currently lives in Essex, UK with her daughter.

You can find more information about Carlie and her series at http://carliemacullen.com and follow her on Twitter at http://twitter.com/carlie2011c (@carlie2011c).



Here are the Amazon links for Heart Search:
 





See the HEART SEARCH trailer here!



No comments:

Post a Comment